Thursday, November 17, 2011

Peru, Lima 2011

Old School Beatle - Miraflores Nov 2011 

Local Bus - Miraflores Nov 2011

Littal Cat! Parque Kennedy, Miraflores Nov 2011

Cliff edge, Miraflores Nov 2011

Nov 17th 2011, Day 1: Our first day in Lima follows an interesting night. Strange noises in our hostel make reference to a dodge Korean horror film. But the water is hot & the breakfast yum, so here we are for another two nights.Whupee.

Wandered the Miraflores district for the day, lots of nice restaurants & views from the cliffs. Cats hang out in the park...loads of littal rabies riddled cats! It took everything out of me not to pet them although one Peruvian guy had a little grey one in his lap so I dunno was that one of the wild ones or one he brought himself.

The public buses are tiny...about 4 seats larger than our 8-seater taxis except because the population of Lima is about the population of Ireland its about 4 people to one seat and 50 to one bus, the effect is comic.

Lastly, we came across a large mob of people outside the Marriott Hotel where Pearl Jam are apparently staying. We had an hour to spare so we hung around but lost interest, so alas, did not see him. Compensation will be their gig tomorrow night, can't bleedin' wait! Eddie Vedder is to me what Jon Bon Jovi is to my good buddy Steve...he loves you Jon Bon!

2 comments:

  1. Good to here you got away. Sound like the cat thing hasn't left you.
    We've deleted all of the peal jam from the system but john is still flying the flag.
    Poor stephen is still finding the pics of john bon but he's a little more relaxed about it all.
    Watch out for the pigmies with the poisonous dart.
    Say hello to donal and keep safe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Waaat!!! I cant believe you deleted all the Pearl Jam?? Why don´t you just erase me from your lives/existence altogether?! Why not just shoot me with the poisonous dart yourself?! Shot with a dart, and your to blame! (tried to insert angry emoticon here but espanish keyboard has weird symbols, more anger!)

    I have plans for JOn Bon still, managed to save a few of those extra sexy ones of him in the bathtub, at pocket size they were an easy addition to my backpacksh!

    awh Say hey to everyone for me!! I miss ye´re craic even if ye are trying to erase me!! :)

    ReplyDelete